Miss Humblebee’s Academy
About the President
“When I was 10 years old, my teacher asked everyone in the class to write a poem. I will never forget my poem or that day. My teacher asked me to come to the front of the class and read my poem; I could not have been more afraid. I was very shy and terrified to be in front of the class. I managed to slowly creep to the front of the class and read my poem as quickly as I could, and then tried to make a beeline back to my seat. Before I could return to my seat, my teacher called me back to the front of the class to re-read my poem. We did this dance four times. On the last read, she asked me to slow down and take my time. I did slow down, and from that moment on, I knew I had a voice and I knew I should be proud to share it with others.”
“This same year, I was given my first diary in which I wrote my list of goals for my life. In that list I wrote that I wanted to have a positive impact on children’s lives. This is how Miss Humblebee’s Academy was born. The Humble in Miss Humblebee is to always remind me to be humble in life and help empower children to find their voice.”
So What Is Miss Humblebee’s Academy?
Miss Humblebee’s Academy is an award-winning, online curriculum for children preschool through kindergarten.The curriculum lays the foundation for a lifetime of learning success, providing strength in core subject areas: math, science and social studies, language and literacy, art, and music.The curriculum is theme based and fully interactive with sound cues.
Miss Humblebee’s Academy:
- Prepares children ages 3 to 6 for kindergarten proficiency.
- Includes hundreds of guided lessons with sound cues in Math, Science and Social Studies, Language and Literacy, Art, and Music.
- Assesses cognitive skills at regular intervals for measurable improvement toward kindergarten readiness.
- Includes developmental observation checklist used at intervals allowing parents to review and record social and emotional growth as a condition of kindergarten readiness.
- Emails weekly reports on lesson progress to parents, so they can track their child’s learning outcomes (also available online 24/7).
- Presents learning concepts based on several industry standards, e.g. Head Start, Common Core State Standards etc., incorporating findings from field research and hands-on experience in international early childhood education.
- Provides easy access at school, home, or on-the-go via smart phones and tablets - includes offline printable practice sheets, too!
- Offers a safe and secure learning environment--with no pop-ups, ads, or links to other websites.
An amazing collection of music was created especially for Miss Humblebee’s Academy, covering all music genres and incorporating both originals and classics.
Why Do Your Kids Need Miss Humblebee’s Academy?
This program was developed to help provide educational support for all children, help children achieve learning goals, simplify concepts, and establish a good foundation for future education. Children using this program will become familiar with learning from someone other than their parents and develop greater confidence in their own abilities.
With a simple and clean approach, Miss Humblebee’s Academy presents ideas clearly. The program also evaluates children’s comprehension of new concepts and sends parents reports that keep them informed about what their child is doing and how well they understand new skills.
Our Mission Statement
To provide all children ages 3 to 6 with the opportunity to excel in preschool through kindergarten with a premiere online learning experience that’s smart, fun, affordable, engaging, and measurable.
Miss Humblebee’s Academy helps close America’s school readiness gap and ensures that children may enter kindergarten ready for success. It is our goal to expand access to kindergarten proficiency to every child in the U.S.
Challenges Being Met
“The U.S. ranks 28th out of 38 countries for the share of four-year olds enrolled in early childhood education. Only 3 in 10 four-year-olds (in the U.S.) are enrolled in high-quality programs that prepare kids with the skills they need for kindergarten.”
-Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development
Solutions Being Delivered
Hundreds of Lessons In ALL Major Subjects:
Math, Science, Social Studies, Language and Literacy, Art, and Music
Miss Humblebee’s Academy helps children ages 3 to 6 learn from beginning skill level through kindergarten proficiency with hundreds of lessons that can be accessed at home or on the go. The curriculum is delivered in a choice of two ways—or a combination of both: The curriculum is a guided step-by-step approach to learning that progresses sequentially. As the child advances through the curriculum, lessons become more challenging.
- A guided step-by-step approach to learning that progresses sequentially. As the child advances through the curriculum, lessons become more challenging.
- Parents and educators can choose the order of curriculum topics according to their own preference. This is a great tool to be used in a blended learning environment and a flipped classroom setting.
After completing the curriculum, your child will be kindergarten proficient; no other early learning program offers this outcome.
Weekly reports on lesson progress are emailed as well as readily available online at all times. The reports identify a child’s strengths, pinpoint trouble spots, show improvement over time, measure progress based on length of practice time, and even display the actual questions the child answered correctly or missed.
Whether you are going for a quick ride in the car or a plane ride across the country, you can take Miss Humblebee’s lessons with you on the go with any smart tablet.
Miss Humblebee’s Academy is supported on the following devices:
Laptops / Computers (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Firefox (Version 20+)
- Google Chrome (Version 26+)
- Internet Explorer (Version 10+)
iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch): iOS 6+
Android tablets and phones
- Stock browser (Android 4.4+)
- Google Chrome (Version 26+)
- Amazon Silk (Version 3.6+)
Interactive Curriculum with Full Sound Cues
All lessons are read aloud in audio files, driving engagement and active participation through the interactive curriculum.
Your child and you will enjoy hours of educational, entertaining music spanning many music genres.
Children can listen to more than 60 songs ranging from traditional music such as:
- "Hey, Diddle Diddle"
- "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"
- "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes"
to new, exclusive thematic music, including:
- "I’m a Shark"
- "The Vowel Song"
- "Shapes, Shapes, They’re Everywhere"
The music is available for listening on the site as well as for purchase in our Shop.
Safe and Secure Learning Environment
With no pop-ups, ads, or links to other sites, children learn in a safe, secure online environment.