What Makes Us Unique?
With the use of any device (Apple or Android, tablet, phone, or computer), your child will enjoy learning with the help of Miss Humblebee's Academy. Whether you are going for a quick ride in the car or a plane ride across the country, be sure to bring this engaging learning tool along.
You can also access Miss Humblebee's Academy with our Android Preschool and Kindergarten App.
Having your child take a cognitive skills assessment is recommended in order to:
- Establish a baseline of kindergarten readiness
- Measure improvement compared to subsequent cognitive skills assessments (e.g. every 3 weeks and after 50 lessons)
- Benchmark kindergarten readiness compared to industry standards
- Provide access to reporting 24/7
- How it works:
- Typically takes ~ 5-10 minutes
- Can stop and start as timing permits
- If you choose not to take a cognitive skills assessment today, Miss Humblebee will remind you at each log on
Miss Humblebee's Academy curriculum for Preschool and Kindergarten, provides weekly reports on lesson progress that are emailed as well as readily available online at all times. Parents and educators can go to one place to track classroom success.
The reports are designed to:
- Help identify a child's strengths
- Pinpoint trouble spots
- View improvement over time
- Measure progress based on length of practice time
Your child and you will enjoy hours of educational, entertaining music spanning many music genres.
Children can listen to more than 60 songs ranging from traditional music such as:
"Hey, Diddle Diddle"
"Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"
"Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes"
to new, exclusive thematic music, including:
"I'm a Shark"
"The Vowel Song"
"Shapes, Shapes, They're Everywhere"
The music is available for listening on the site as well as for purchase in our Shop.
Hundreds of Lessons
Miss Humblebee's Academy is an award-winning curriculum for children in preschool through kindergarten based on the Common Core State Standards, and the research of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), and the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework. This great supplemental resource for teachers can help prepare children for kindergarten and beyond.
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy helps children ages 3 to 6 learn from beginning skill level through kindergarten proficiency with hundreds of lessons.
- The curriculum is delivered in a choice of two ways or a combination of both:
- A guided step-by-step approach to learning that progresses sequentially. As the child advances through the curriculum, lessons become more challenging.
- Parents and educators can choose the order of curriculum topics according to their own preference. This is a great tool to be used in a blended learning environment and a flipped classroom setting.
- The curriculum is a guided step-by-step approach to learning that progresses sequentially. As the child advances through the curriculum, lessons become more challenging.
- The curriculum is interactive with full sound cues.
- All lessons are read aloud in audio files, driving engagement and active participation through the interactive curriculum.
- Children DO NOT need to know how to read to use Miss Humblebee's Academy.
- Parents and educators receive weekly reports on lesson progress via email or can access them online anytime.
- Educators can go to one place to track classroom success. Principals can go to one place to track school success.
- The program is interactive, with full sound cues.
- Includes all major subjects: math, science and social studies, language and literacy, art and music.
- Learning concepts are based on Common Core State Standards, incorporating findings from field research and hands-on experience in international early childhood education.
- Children who complete the program will be kindergarten proficient.
MATH, SCIENCE, SOCIAL STUDIES, LANGUAGE & LITERACY, ART, & MUSIC
Miss Humblebee's Academy introduces a new theme and teaches each theme across all subjects. Most children excel in one (or several) subjects and tend to focus on that/those particular subject(s). By teaching each theme across all subjects, children strengthen their academic skills in an engaging and consistent manner.
Our reading program is similar to the dyslexic approach of strengthening auditory discrimination (ability to detect differences in sound). We start by introducing the instrument classes and the sounds each instrument makes. If a child can distinguish instrument sounds, then they can apply that same principle to letter sounds and start creating digraphs (ch, sh) and blends (bl, st)—and ultimately words and reading. We apply this same build-on principle across all subjects.
CURRICULUM IS BOTH ONLINE AND OFFLINE
80% of the curriculum is online: 20% is offline in the form of printables and practice worksheets.
After completing the curriculum, your child will be kindergarten proficient; no other early learning program offers this outcome.
The curriculum is interactive with full sound cues. All lessons are read aloud in audio files, driving engagement and active participation through the interactive curriculum. Children DO NOT need to know how to read to use Miss Humblebee's Academy.